Young women aged 18-30
Anyone aged 18-30 in any Girlguiding role is automatically part of Girlguiding Inspire. It is a
community where young women can choose their own path. It is flexible Girlguiding with fun and friendship at the heart of it. Whether you’re looking to take on adventures like GOLD (Guiding Overseas Linked with Development) or building skills, for example, developing leadership skills through completing a leadership qualification or simply having fun with new friends. It’s all about enjoying the journey, developing skills, and being part of unforgettable experiences.
What can you do as part of Girlguiding Inspire?
Girlguiding Inspire focuses on seven pathways and two themes.
The pathways are:
– adventure and challenge
– beyond the UK
– events experience
– sharing skills
– leading the way
– developing others
– voice and action
The themes are:
– ‘learning and awards’ which focuses on challenging yourself with a course, qualification or award from completing Girlguiding training/ e-learning to completing your Queen’s Guide award, the highest award you can work towards in guiding.
– ‘just for me’ which focuses on increasing membership opportunities. If you aren’t able to volunteer on a regular basis, you can still make an impact in a supporting role. No commitment is too small and will make a difference for example being an administrator or being a residential helper.
You can follow one particular pathway or mix and match to create a new path just for you! To find out more about the pathways and themes, visit Girlguiding Inspire
How can you find out about the different opportunities?
– Girlguiding has a ‘Girlguiding Inspire – UK and BGO’ Facebook page and ‘girlguidinginspire’ Instagram page.
– Anglia Region has a Girlguiding Inspire Anglia Facebook page
– Bucks County has a Facebook page ‘Girlguiding Inspire Buckinghamshire’.
These are great platforms to see all the incredible opportunities available for Girlguiding Inspire members.
For further support and advice please contact our county Girlguiding Inspire Co-ordinator.
To find out about Girlguiding Inspire go to the Girlguiding website
To register yourself click here.